Monday, June 12, 2006

Yes, I know it's a weird question

... but it just popped into my mind and wouldn't leave. How in the world did the people in the Bible who lived for hundreds of years manage to keep their teeth? Or did they? I mean, we all now have toothbrushes and toothpaste and fluoride in the water and everything, and it's still a pretty common thing for people in their 70's and 80's to be popping in the dentures in the morning and out at night. Was Methuselah reduced to a state of toothlessness with only 1/9th of his life under his belt? You'd think it would be hard to maintain proper nutrition for that long of a time if chewing had become a problem.
Of course, they didn't have the modern wonders of refined sugar, thinly-veiled as things like Pixie Stix or pop (that's soda, for my Southerly friends). And I'm sure we've all heard how those can rot your teeth.
Anyway, off to brush my own...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home