Friday, May 26, 2006

An Event

On a 93 degree day, what brings together me and 3000 other Floridians (I'm guessing but really have no idea how many)? A whole lot of sweet corn and good music!

This is the second year I've gone to the Zellwood Sweet Corn Festival. They have a family night where Christian musicians come and play, and you get to enjoy all the sweet corn you can eat at the same time. I was a little worried there would be rain since a 40% chance was predicted, and we did have a brief sprinkling, but it passed quickly and the rest of the night was beautiful, especially when breezes would come by to cool us down.

My lovely friend Michele and her family and I rode together and made it through the heat and the crowds.

It was crazy packed this year. They ran out of water by 6:30-ish, but pop, lemonade and all sorts of food were in good supply. I had a giant corn dog (yum!) and of course the sweet corn! I filled up quickly and didn't get to eat much though.

The pictures below don't really do justice to explaining how packed it was, since you can't exactly see how far back in the distance the people are sitting and standing, and this isn't even a third of the view, but maybe it will give you an idea. I didn't get to meet up with some other friends because it was so tight, but we texted a little and I'm pretty sure they were by the lemonade stand way in the back there...


The lights of the cars were almost pretty, seeing them spread out across the hillside while everyone was trying to leave (again, this isn't even half of the cars).

I'm surprised that we actually got out of there much more quickly than I would've thought.

It was good friends, good music, good times. And I love that feeling of doing something special, then riding home for an hour or so while someone else is driving (thanks Mark!). It reminds me of being a kid and roadtrips to Wisconsin or Pillsbury concerts, and getting home really late at night but having had "an event."

1 Comments:

Blogger jerarbw said...

Hey Shannon,

I am putting together a blog for Pillsbury Alumni that lists blogs/websites of former PBBC students. I have added your blog to www.pillsburyalumni.blogspot.com. If you would like to be removed, please email me at pbbcgrads01@hotmail.com. I am not in touch with many people from my days at Pillsbury, but please share the web address with other students who have blogs/websites with whom you have contact.

Thanks,
Jeremy W.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home