Tuesday, October 24, 2006

catog

Sometimes I think my cat has a dog somewhere in her family tree. One of her favorite things to do is flop over at my feet and meow for me to scritch her stomach with my foot. And she's not the typical, aloof cat that would just as soon sneer at you as deign to allow you in her presence without tuna. No, my cat greets me eagerly when I walk in the door and wants attention right away. She'll follow me from room to room and if I close the bathroom or bedroom door, she'll park outside it and swipe her paws underneath as if she might find a way to fit underneath it. And while she doesn't eat my homework (thank goodness I don't have any of that anymore!), she eats my magazines. I have to keep the ad ones like Pottery Barn on top of the stack so the ones I haven't read yet don't get played with and chewed on. But I love my little munchkin, and when she's walking all over the mail I'm trying to open so she can find a spot on my lap, it's nice to know she's got the love and loyalty thing down, regardless of where she got it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Celeste said...

Tigger is very much like this. She tips over her scratching post when she wants attention (she knows we'll come over and stand it up). She does a half flip on Ethan's foot and rubs her face all over it.

Chapstick on the other hand is the persnickity type. But when she's tired she is the most loveable and loyal cat around. She also rarely leaves my side.

I love both the cats, but in very different ways. It's good variety. I'd also love to meet your kitty, but since I don't think I'll be in Florida for a while I'd settle for a picture (hint hint).

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home